- An, Miyoung and Ito Peng. (2015). “Diverging Paths? A Comparative Look at Childcare Policies in Japan, South Korea and Taiwan”. Social Policy & Administration.
- Catherine M. C. Cheng and Hae Yeon Choo. (2015). “Women’s Migration for Domestic Work and Cross-Border Marriages in East and South East Asia: Reproducing Domesticity, Contesting Citizenship” Sociology Compass, 9(8): 654-667. GMC RESEARCH SNAPSHOT of this article available here.
- Emiko Ochiai and Leo Aoi Hosoya eds. (2014). Transformation of the Intimate and the Public in Asian Modernity, Leiden: Brill.
- Peng, Ito. (2017). “Transnational Migration of Domestic and Care Workers in Asia Pacific”. International Labour Organization.
- Peng, Ito. (2016). “Testing the Limits of Welfare State Change: The Slow-moving Immigration Policy Reform in Japan”. Social Policy & Administration, 50(2):278-295.
- Peng, Ito. (2014). “The Social Protection Floor and the “New” Social Investment Policies in Japan and South Korea.” Global Social Policy, Published online: May 27, 2014, p. 1-17; in print December 2014, 14(3): 389-405.
- Peng, Ito. (2014). “Social Investment Policy in South Korea”, in Emiko Ochiai and Leo Aoi Hosoya eds. Transformation of the Intimate and the Public in Asian Modernity, Leiden: Brill. pp. 234-253.
- Peng, Ito. (2013). “Kankoku ni okeru Shakaitoshi Seisaku” (Social Investment Policy in South Korea), in Emiko Ochiai ed. Shinmitsuen to Kokyoen no Saiheisei (Transformation of the Intimate and the Public Space), Kyoto: Kyoto University Press. pp. 243-264. (In Japanese)
- United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs, Division for Social Policy Development. (2018). Expert Group Meeting on Care and Older Persons: Links to Decent Work, Migration and Gender.
commissioned papers and reports
- Peng, Ito (2017) “Elderly Care Work and Migration: East and Southeast Asian Contexts”, Report to the UN Expert Group Meeting on Care and Older Persons: Links to Decent Work, Migration and Gender, UN DESA, United Nations Headquarters, New York, 5-7 December 2017. https://www.un.org/development/desa/ageing/wp-content/uploads/sites/24/2017/11/Peng-UN-Expert-Group-Meeting_Dec-5-7-final-Paper_4Dec.pdf
- Peng, Ito (2017) “Social policies and the care economy in Japan and South Korea: Taking stock of the opportunities and challenges for women’s economic empowerment”, Report to UN Commission on the Status of Women 61st Session, United Nations Headquarters, New York, 17 March 2017.
- Peng, Ito and Susan Yeandle (2017) Eldercare policies in East Asia and Europe: Mapping policy changes and variations and their implications, New York, NY: UN Women. http://www.unwomen.org/en/digital-library/publications/2017/12/eldercare-policies-in-east-asia-and-europe
Peng, Ito. (2017) Transnational Migration of Domestic and Care Workers in Asia Pacific, Geneva: ILO. http://www.ilo.org/global/topics/labour-migration/publications/WCMS_547228/lang–en/index.htm
Ito Peng and James Tiessen (2015) An Asian Flavour for Medicare: Learning from Experiments in Japan, Korea and Taiwan. Ottawa: MacDonald-Laurier Institute. www.macdonaldlaurier.ca/files/pdf/MLICanadasHealthcareCrisisSeries5_r4.pdf
Op-Ed articles & Non-refereed Publications
- Peng, Ito (2018). “Why Canadians should Care about Global Care Economy”, Op-Ed, Open Canada.Org: international affairs explained, 16 March 2018. https://www.opencanada.org/features/why-canadians-should-care-about-global-care-economy/ .
- Peng, Ito (2016). “Japan and its immigration policies are growing old”, East Asia Forum, June 7, 2016. http://www.eastasiaforum.org/2016/06/07/japan-and-its-immigration-policies-are-growing-old/#comments.
- Yang, Kyung-Eun. (2016). Economic Integration or Segregation? Immigrant Women’s Labor Market Entrance and Their Support Service Utilization in South Korea. PhD thesis.
- Chun, Jennifer, Ito Peng, Heidi Gottfried (eds.). Edited Volume in progress. The Global Migration of Gendered Care Work.
- Davison, Jeremy and Ito Peng. “Problems of Multiculturalism: Immigration Policy Debates in Japan”.
- Michel, Sonya and Ito Peng (eds.) Gender, Migration and the Work of Care: A Multi-Scalar Approach to the Pacific Rim (Palgrave: forthcoming)
- Peng, Ito. “Shaping and Reframing Care and Migration: with Focus on Asia Pacific.”
- Peng, Ito and Yi-Chun Chien. “Cases from East Asia”, Handbook of Child and Family Policy, Guðný Björk Eydal and Tine Rostgaard (eds.), Edward Elgar.
- Piper, Nicola (ed.). Special Journal Issue in Progress on Marriage Migration in Asia Pacific.
Hae Yeon Choo, University of Toronto
Nicola Piper, University of Sydney
UN Women, United Nation Research Institute for Social Development (UNRISD), Kookmin University, Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC), Asia Pacific Foundation of Canada (APF), International Labour Organization ILO, Asian Research Center for the Intimate and Public Spheres (ARCIPS), Asia Research Institute – National University of Singapore NUS (ARI), and Immigration, Refugees, and Citizenship Canada (IRCC)
STUDENTS & ASSOCIATES
Jeremy Davison, Sarah Misu Lee, Yi-Chun Chien, and Catherine Cheng